COVID-19 and Hoof Health Conference

April 16, 2020

Tonight, with great reluctance, the Board of Directors voted to postpone the 2020 Hoof Health Conference until June 23-26, 2021 to allow for some normalization of the economy, travel and affairs in general following the COVID-19 pandemic of the spring.  

We are disappointed to not be able to get together this summer.  However, we are working on a number of ideas that we hope will keep us all in touch throughout this extended absence.  Please be watching for upcoming announcements.

Stay well and be good to each other.

March 26, 2020

The news regarding COVID-19 continues to be mixed. At this point, while there are signs that things are getting better, there is no way to know what the future holds.   

At this time, we are not cancelling or postponing the Hoof Health Conference scheduled for July.  We are hopeful that this crisis will pass and we will be able to move forward with the conference.  

In the meantime, we are working on the winter conference for 2022.  At this time we have requested proposal from a number of possible venues.  Whichever site is selected, we know it will be a great conference.

March 13, 2020

There is a lot of information, misinformation and panic about the spread of Coronavirus and the threat it poses.

It is important to remember, the majority of those who contract Coronavirus have mild to moderate illnesses and fully recover without any need for advanced medical care or hospitalization.  Those who have experienced more severe illnesses are those who have had compromised immune systems or an underlying chronic illness (heart disease, lung disease, etc.).

Viruses are unpredictable.  While organizations such as the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases have projected possible widespread infection rates, these remain predictions of “worst-case scenarios”.

At this time, Hoof Trimmers Association is going forward with the Hoof Health Conference in July.  We remain vigilant in monitoring the progress of this and any other situation which could compromise the welfare and safety of our members.  

Should the situation change we will notify all those who have registered directly and everyone else both on our website ( and, on our Facebook page and on WOHT Facebook. 

In the meantime, we are excited to see all of you in July!